Linda Farrow Launches Black Collection Line, Assortment, E-newsletter – WWD


LONDONSimon Jablon, proprietor and artistic director of the Linda Farrow model that his mom arrange within the ‘70s, is pushing the model into its subsequent stage with a brand new males’s eyewear line referred to as Black Collection.

The brand new line features a 26-piece assortment of sun shades and opticals, in addition to the launch of a e-newsletter and Instagram web page underneath the identical title.

“Though we already had a menswear assortment, Linda Farrow is predominantly famend for girls’s luxurious eyewear and so I needed to create an entire new assortment that primarily speaks to the trendy man. The Black Collection assortment isn’t a break from Linda Farrow, however extra of an extension of our model as an entire,” stated Jablon in an interview. “The designs are a mirrored image of my private type — minimalist with a concentrate on high quality and craftsmanship in a black shade palette and the title Black Collection displays this in its simplicity.”

Simon Jablon

Simon Jablon

Courtesy of LINDA FARROW

The boys’s class has been steadily rising year-on-year over the previous 5 years and makes up 30 % of the model’s gross sales, whereas girls’s makes up the remaining 70 %.

The Black Collection assortment shall be offered in shops, on-line and at Linda Farrow’s wholesale companions together with Ssense, Web-a-porter and Neiman Marcus.

The thought to introduce a brand new arm to the enterprise got here to Jablon after he was quietly observing the buying habits of his male friendship group.

“​​I really like taking up new challenges and I needed to design a completely new assortment that was extra steered in direction of males like me and my buddies. In my circle we’re completely satisfied to combine up to date clothes with high-end objects however after we do spend money on one thing luxurious we would like it to be very particular,” he stated, explaining that the costs vary from 310 kilos to 1,165 kilos. 

Black Series from Linda Farrow

Black Collection from Linda Farrow.

Linda Farrow Social

Jablon isn’t shy nor afraid of constructing uber luxurious items linking Linda Farrow’s eyewear to Patek Philippe watches.

All the model’s eyewear items are handmade in Japan.

The Black Collection e-newsletter shall be a separate universe for Linda Farrow’s male clients that includes an informative editorial aspect that can incorporate way of life information tales throughout the humanities, enterprise and vogue.

“We see Black Collection as a long-term enterprise that with time shall be totally established as a model inside its personal proper. We’re planning varied international advertising actions for the primary drop together with a dinner in London and Paris,” stated Jablon, including that the following drop shall be in the summertime.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *